Working within the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit – BC (CFSEU-BC), the Organized Crime Agency of BC (OCABC) is recruiting enthusiastic, self-motivated candidates to provide data support for investigative teams.
Reporting to the Database Administrator/Information Systems Application Specialist, this position will be responsible for:
• Preparing information by organizing data (paper and electronic) into databases,
• Reading investigative/surveillance documents and reports to extract pertinent
information to be entered into the databases in accordance with policies and procedures for files,
• Reviewing documents and reports for accuracy and consistency by comparing data with
the investigator and/or various police information databases as required,
• Linking information provided in accordance with policies and procedures for files,
• Scanning and converting data into databases,
• Maintaining work logs to track data processed in information systems, and
• Resolving any issues as needed.
We are looking for team players with a positive attitude and the following qualifications:
• Post secondary education would be an asset,
• Experience with providing administrative support or assistance,
• Experience with computer programs / software which include word processing,
spreadsheets and databases,
• Good communication skills with the ability to speak and write effectively,
• Strong organization skills with the ability to complete tasks within deadlines provided,
• Good interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to be independent and work with minimal supervision, and
• Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP police security clearance.
Qualified applicants can submit a cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 19, 2017.
Short-listed candidates must successfully complete computer testing administered by MCMOSC.