Additional Charges Approved Against Thirty Six Individuals Connected to an Organized Crime Group Operating in B.C.’s North
More charges have now been approved against several individuals involved in a 2015 Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit of British Columbia (CFSEU-BC) investigation into the alleged drug trafficking activities of a crime cell operating primarily out of B.C.’s north.
In July 2015, investigators with the CFSEU-BC’s North District Office began an investigation into street and mid-level drug traffickers operating in BC.’s Peace Region. That investigation is now before the courts and has resulted in the following charges, convictions and related sentences:
- A total of 36 Accused persons had criminal charges against them approved by the Public Prosecution Service of Canada (PPSC)
- A total of 120 Criminal Charges were approved and laid by PPSC
- 21 Accused have either been found guilty or pleaded guilty
- 6 Accused are still to be sentenced
- 5 Accused were either found not guilty or a stay of proceedings was entered on
their charges by PPSC
- 6 Accused are awaiting trial or waiting for trial continuation
- Approximately 4300 days of jail time has been handed out to the 15 accused that
have already received their sentence
4 of the Accused have outstanding warrants for their arrest:
1. Alena WALLACE, DOB: 1990-02-19
2. Paul DEL GROSSO, DOB: 1979-03-04
3. Danick LEGER, DOB: 1995-10-14
4. Jamie CORMIER, DOB: 1991-12-04
It is currently unknown where these individuals are and anyone with information is asked to contact your local police or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477. (Photos attached)
The CFSEU BC North District investigators conducted a total of 5 search warrants during this lengthy investigation, seizing over $57,000 in cash and a quantity of illegal drugs. These drugs included, cocaine, crystal methamphetamine, Percocet, GHB, and the deadly drug fentanyl. A number of firearms were also seized including a .22 caliber rifle, a loaded 12 gauge shot gun and an AR15 assault- style rifle.
For a complete list of Accused persons and subsequent charges associated to this investigation pg 14. of the PDF attached (bottom of page) To read the previous media releases on this investigation pages 3 to 13 (attached PDF at the bottom of the page).
“This investigation and the subsequent seizures has, and will likely continue to have, a significant disruptive effect on this group’s ability to conduct crime in B.C. and put people at risk,” says Chief Superintendent Trent Rolfe, Chief Officer of the CFSEU-BC. “Regardless of where groups connected to gang and organized crime activity are located throughout British Columbia, the CFSEU-BC will continue to target them to suppress, disrupt, and dismantle their abilities to prey on the most vulnerable and cause violence.”
The CFSEU-BC would like to thank Dawson Creek RCMP and Fort St. John RCMP for their assistance throughout this investigation.
Read the previous media release here: CFSEU-BC_Media_Release_Feb_07_2019
Media Spokesperson: Sgt. Brenda Winpenny
Desk: (778) 290-4677
Cell: (604) 838-6800