Working within the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit – BC (CFSEU-BC), the Organized Crime Agency of BC (OCABC) is recruiting a hard-working, self-motivated candidate to assist in providing specialized and dedicated support to members of a joint operational team working at the North District office.
Reporting to the Major Case Systems Coordinator and the North District Sergeant, this position will be responsible for:
• Providing support in the preparation of disclosure packages for Court according to the Police Crown Memorandum of Understanding and the PPSC guidelines;
• Assisting in the planning and coordination of disclosure packages;
• Working on electronic reports and legal documents in support of the disclosure function;
• Auditing of documents and tasks;
• Liaising and working in cooperation with Crown prosecutors (PPSC and AG of BC) and other law enforcement agencies;
• Giving evidence in court, as required; and
• Other related duties in support of the coordination of investigative and disclosure materials such as: scanning of documents; tracking and managing incoming file material; taking briefing minutes; renaming documents according to business rules; converting multimedia and vetting of documents and multimedia.
We are looking for a strong team player with a great attitude, and the following qualifications:
• One year post-secondary training/courses in computers, word processing and basic police/law procedures preferred;
• One to three years of relevant experience, preferably in a police environment;
• Knowledge of the Criminal Code, Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Canada Evidence Act and Major Case Management Principles;
• Knowledge/experience in E&R, PRIME BC, Adobe Acrobat and other law enforcement software would be an asset;
• Understanding of the concepts and theories of Canadian law, rules of evidence, disclosure and non-disclosure principles, techniques and procedures would be an asset;
• Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
• Solid organizational, project management and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently;
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision; and
• Ability to obtain and maintain a police security clearance.
Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 4th, 2019. Disclosure Facilitator Posting - North District (Sep 2019)
|Job Category||CFSEU-BC, OCABC|