**Job Expires on April 23, 2021**
Located in Victoria, BC and working within the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit – BC (CFSEU-BC), the Organized Crime Agency of BC (OCABC) is recruiting a hard-working, self-motivated candidate to lead the Criminal Record Review Unit (CRRU).
Reporting to the CRRU Sergeant, the CRRU Team Coordinator will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Providing leadership, guidance, general direction and feedback to employees and completing annual assessments. Conducting orientation and ensuring that employees are fully trained.
• Overseeing investigative reporting in the CRRU database and conducting quality assurance reviews to assess recommendations to provincial clients regarding risk of suitability.
• Developing, coordinating and delivering training material for a variety of police systems and performing audits to ensure accuracy of information and compliance with policies and best practices when Police Databases
• Liaising with provincial law enforcement agencies to obtain sensitive criminal information and assist with data flow between CRRU and provincial stakeholders, while representing the Unit in related meetings
• Leading and directing initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes, procedures and systems used by CRRU. Overseeing the development of internal processes and procedures for CRRU.
• Ensuring employees accurately record information to report all duties conducted by CRRU on a monthly basis.
• Managing sensitive and potentially contentious issues and escalate where appropriate.
• Other duties, as and when required.
We are looking for a strong team player with a positive attitude who can work in a fast-paced environment, with the following qualifications:
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field (i.e. Public or Business Administration or equivalent) OR a combination of education and related experience may be considered.
• A minimum of five years of investigative experience as a sworn police officer working within a law enforcement environment.
• Working experience data mining CPIC, PRIME, PIRS, PROS and other law enforcement databases is considered an asset.
• Knowledge of the Criminal Records Review Act, the Criminal Records Act, the Security Services Act, Young Offenders Act (Canada), the Criminal Code, and working knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act would be an asset. Knowledge of the British Columbia Guideline for Police Information Checks (PIC) and a strong understanding of the sharing of information.
• Minimum 2 years experience as a proven leader with strong supervisory/management skills and experience working collaboratively with diverse agencies.
• Ability to apply critical thinking skills to accurately summarize and collate relevant information gathered through multiple police databases. Ability to evaluate collated information against set criteria and/or interpretation of Acts, Legislations and/or Policies.
• Strong organization skills with the ability to respond to changing priorities and manage multiple tasks concurrently with shifting deadlines. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and/or within a team, in a high pressure environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts. Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of diverse situations and with diverse individuals or groups.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, sound judgement, integrity and dependability.
• A valid RCMP enhanced security clearance is an asset.
Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23, 2021
Annual Salary (37.5 hours per week): $74,017 – $76,978 – $79,938 – $82,899 – $85,860
CFSEU-BC is an equal opportunity employer, we embrace diversity and encourage applications from all candidates.
|Job Category||CFSEU-BC, OCABC|