Working within the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit – BC (CFSEU-BC), the Organized Crime Agency of BC (OCABC) is recruiting a hard-working, self-motivated candidate for a Legal Support Coordinator contract position to assist in providing specialized and dedicated support to members of an operational team working with the Confidential Informant Agent Unit (CIAU).
Reporting to the Staff Sergeant of the Unit, this position will be responsible for:
• Reviewing and vetting of information/documents that attract informer privilege.
• Determining how an investigation could be impacted by informer information and contributing to an
overall strategy to mitigate risks to the informer.
• Liaising with operational personnel, Provincial/Federal Crown Counsel, DOJ in preparation of court
procedures and disclosure.
• Reviewing requests from defence counsel in relation to material that contains informer information.
• Providing support to investigative units on the use of and proper documentation of informer
information in an investigation.
• Maintaining a library of court decisions (case law) pertaining to informers.
• Maintaining a folder of investigations reviewed and documenting your review and conversations.
We are looking for a strong team player with a great attitude, with the following qualifications:
• One to three years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of legal terminology and the Criminal rules of procedures for legal documentation
• Proficient understanding of relevant provincial and federal statutes (e.g., Criminal Code, Charter of
Rights and Freedoms, Controlled Drugs and Substances Act) along with relevant case law and the
• Experience in investigations involving Confidential Informers / Agents would be an asset
• Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills; solid organizational, project management and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
• Ability to obtain and maintain a police security clearance
Qualified applicants can submit a cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 18th, 2019.
For any further information please contact S/Sgt. Joe Sobotin at 778-290-3867. Hourly Rate: $26.35 plus 12% in lieu of benefits (37.5 hours/week)
|Job Category||CFSEU-BC, OCABC|