**Job expires on October 13, 2020**
Senior Criminal Intelligence Analyst
Investigative Team – Permanent Full-Time – Green Timbers
Working within the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit – BC (CFSEU-BC), the Organized Crime Agency of BC (OCABC) is recruiting an enthusiastic, self-motivated candidate to assess criminal intelligence data and provide strategic and tactical analysis support to an investigative team.
Reporting to the Criminal Intelligence Analyst Supervisor and the Staff Sergeant, this position will be responsible for:
• Determining, designing and developing data collection strategies, techniques and methods used in the intelligence process
• Researching, evaluating, interpreting and analyzing information to identify criminal trends and patterns and to develop tactical, operational and strategic intelligence products,
• Preparing reports to identify and/or illustrate criminal group/individual associations and criminal trends,
• Conducting tactical, operational and strategic analysis for judicial purposes, including providing explanations of intelligence products and defending analytical judgements during expert witness testimony in court,
• Participating in presentations, meetings and working groups as an expert criminal intelligence resource, and contributing to the development of new analytical methods and approaches,
• Establishing a network of internal and external contacts to identify criminal trends, collaborate on joint projects, exchange information and conduct intelligence analysis,
• Communicating and presenting analytical findings in various formats to inform management and operational personnel,
• Mentoring and supervising junior analytical positions, this includes providing guidance for analytical techniques and best practices as well as evaluating employee performance.
We are looking for a strong team player with a positive attitude who can work in a fast-paced environment, with the following qualifications:
• Completion of a Bachelors Degree from a recognized university with specialization in Economics, Statistics, Sociology or related field to the position
• Minimum of 3 years experience (within the last 5 years) in intelligence analysis (in at least one of the following: crime, tactical, operational, strategic) including researching, collecting, evaluating and analyzing information to provide recommendations for decision makers.
• Minimum 3 years experience working in a police environment,
• Minimum 3 years work experience researching, analyzing and evaluating information, and preparing
written reports or presenting material to decision makers.
• Experience using analytical programs and databases including; i2 Analyst Notebook, iBase or
specialized mapping software.
• Experience completing witness/agent threat assessments
• Extensive knowledge of the BC gang and organized crime landscape
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to successfully complete the National RCMP Test for Intelligence Analysts
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
• Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Top Secret police security clearance
• Ability to work flexible hours on short notice is required
Qualified applicants can submit a cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 13, 2020.
Annual Salary: $86,333 – $91,081 – $95,829 – $100,578 – $105,326 (37.5 hours per week)
|Job Category||CFSEU-BC, OCABC|