Technical Electronics Specialist Permanent Full-Time Position **Job Expires on October 2, 2020**
Organized Crime Agency of British Columbia
Working within the CFSEU-BC, the Organized Crime Agency of BC (OCABC) is recruiting a strong team player to provide technical support to the Covert Technical Operations (CTO) Unit at CFSEU-BC for Specialized Electronics and Information Technology duties to support ongoing investigations.
Reporting to the NCO i/c CTO, this position will be responsible for providing support to CTO Installers including:
• Provide enhancements/modifications/customization/support to remotely deployed network devices, and supporting these deployments (including validating alternate network components, equipment, and security software);
• Oversee tracking systems set-up, installation, administration and troubleshooting;
• Create, implement and maintain the application and development policy (implementation, configuration, testing, operations, and support) for operational devices and systems;
• Provide operational and technical services such as emergency troubleshooting and repair, development of custom solutions, and preventative maintenance to operational devices that support the Technical Support Unit and CTO programs; and
• Perform configuration of devices and articulating configuration, setup, and best practices of operational device configuration to the CTO team.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated and possess a positive attitude with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment and possess the following:
• Completion of a degree/diploma in Information Technology from a recognized Canadian institution and one to five years of relevant experience preferably working in a specialized law enforcement technical environment;
• Certifications in MCSA: Windows Server 2016, MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration, and CCNP Enterprise or equivalent;
• Knowledge of Part VI communication intercept technology, telephony, IT technologies, computer-based communications intercept systems, digital audio and video systems, satellite tracking systems, network security and data capture systems;
• Experience with Linux operating systems, working with Milestone and various Law Enforcement specific platforms at an administrator level would be an asset;
• Ability to lift and install equipment up to 20 kg;
• Valid Class 5 BC Drivers license;
• Strong oral and written communication skills; and
• Ability to obtain and maintain a RCMP Top Secret security clearance as well as an unarmed Designated Law Enforcement Officer status pursuant to the BC Police Act.
Qualified applicants can submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 2, 2020.
Annual Salary: $74,017 – $76,978 – $79,938 – $82,899 – $85,860 – based on 37.5 hours per week
|Job Category||CFSEU-BC, OCABC|