Man in custody and handgun seized during CFSEU-BC investigation
A man is in custody and facing multiple firearms-related charges following an investigation by the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit of British Columbia (CFSEU-BC).
The 42-year-old man of no fixed address was arrested on July 16, 2013 after CFSEU-BC officers noticed a vehicle driving erratically in the Newton area of Surrey. Officers stopped the vehicle in the 14400-block 70A Avenue and as a result of their investigation discovered a bag in the car containing a loaded .45 calibre handgun, bear spray, zap straps, and gloves.
Keith Lewis Moro has been charged with one count each of:
– careless use of a firearm
– possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
– carrying a concealed weapon
– unauthorized possession of a firearm
– unauthorized possession of a firearm without a licence
– possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
– possession of a firearm knowing he was not the licence holder
– possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
– possession of a firearm knowing the serial number had been altered, defaced, or removed
– possession of a firearm contrary to a prohibition order
He is scheduled to appear in Surrey Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. this morning.
Moro has a lengthy criminal record dating back to 1991 in Sarnia, Ontario for robbery, drugs, and weapons-related offences. Despite his criminal history, Keith Moro is not believed to have any links to gangs.
He is wanted in Lambton, Ontario for obstructing a peace officer, possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking, failing to stop for police, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, failing to attend court, and on a number of Ontario Highway Traffic Act warrants. Additionally, he has warrants issued by the Ontario Provincial Police for failing to comply with an undertaking.
Moro is currently charged by the Langley RCMP for break and enter, two counts of possession of stolen property, and possession of break-in tools. He is prohibited from possessing any firearms for life stemming from a previous Sudbury, Ontario firearms and drug-related conviction.